Halloween can be a scary and stressful time for dogs, bare that in mind when preparing for this spooky holiday.
Below are our top tips for keeping your dog safe this Halloween.
- Make sure sweets and chocolate are kept well out of reach, these can be very toxic for your four-legged friends!
- Be careful of waggy tails next to lit pumpkins.
- Try and go for a walk before all those terrifying trick or treaters come out.
- Keep those pooches calm and happy in the comfort of their own home, distract them with treats, games or even training.
- If you have a nervous dog avoid letting them greet trick or treaters at the door.
- If you’re worried all those knocks at the door will be too much for your pet pooch, pop up a sign at your front door or gate asking visitors to avoid your house this year, if you still want to join in you could always pop those sweet treats outside.
- Create a safe space for your dog to retreat to, a cosy den away from windows and doors.
- Treat them to a kong with some of their favourite treats … because after all it’s their Halloween too!
Keep those furry friends content... and don't forget to have a barking good Howl-o-ween!